"Where Gardeners Grow"
Welcome to the NHS. The objectives of the NHS as defined in our constitution are to encourage interest and promote improvement in horticulture by:
- Holding meetings respecting the theory and practice of horticulture;
- Encouraging the planting of trees, shrubs, and flowers on private and public grounds;
- Promoting outdoor art, public beautification, balcony and plot gardening;
- Arranging field trips, contests, competitions, and exhibitions related to horticulture and by awarding prizes;
- Distributing seeds, plants, bulbs, flowers, trees and shrubs;
- Promoting the protection of the environment;
- Promoting the circulation of horticulture information through any media and
- Encouraging youth in horticulture.
The NHS hosts three Flower Shows which are formally judged in accordance with the "Ontario Judging and Exhibiting Standards" each year: the Spring Flower Show, the June Show & Dessert Social, and the Harvest Show.
NHS Plant Sale
MAY 17, 2018 - Get your potted plants and seedlings here!!! Every Spring the NHS hosts a plant auction & sale with plants contributed by members. Families and non-members welcome.
NHS members and friends volunteer their time to maintain garden plots throughout the community including the Nepean Museum, retirement homes, churches and schools.
“Since becoming a member of the Nepean Horticulture Society I have learned many useful techniques that enable me to better maintain my garden, flowerbeds, and yard.” ~J. DeMan